All information contained is subject to change.
- Installation access procedures apply on all days of Fort Carson Freedom Fest.
- All personnel entering Fort Carson must be in possession of a valid state or federally issued photo ID from a REAL ID Act compliant state. Current states not in compliance are: Alaska, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington. (Update to the REAL ID Act effective June 1, 2017)
If using an ID from a state or territory that is not REAL ID Act compliant, then an approved secondary form of ID is required. More information on the REAL ID Act can be found at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- No personal fireworks allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV’s are not allowed.
- No coolers or tents allowed in the festival area. Coolers and tents are allowed in designated picnic areas only.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in the festival area.
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
Pets/Companion Animals vs. Service Animals
- No pets or companion animals allowed.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The area around the festival venue will become congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
- Event goes on regardless of weather. Those attending the event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an “all clear” announcement is issued.
Contact us for additional questions.